5.29.2011

update!

Hi--first off, I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend! Our weekend was awesome! Justin's friend Grant from Omaha came down, and my mom and Kenli came down as well! We got a ton accomplished for our wedding.

On Saturday we all went to Loomus, Nebraska and went to Bridal Isle and I found "thee dress!" My mom bought it for me...thank you, I love you! :) It is so gorgeous...I unfortunately can't post any pictures or say anything about it because Justin wants it to be a complete surprise for him.  He doesn't want to see or know anything about it until he sees me walking down the aisle that day.  Plus--I can't spoil everything for you people! ;)

Kenli tried on a bridesmaid dress that we absolutely fell in love with! Our colors are supposed to be Black, Hot Pink and white...BUT she tried on a shamrock green dress and it's SO awesome.  Perfect for summer!!!! So our new colors are--Shamrock Green and Hot Pink.




After spending a lot of time at the bridal store, we headed to Yanney Park so everyone could see it! There was a wedding going on, and we ended up booking the DJ that they had! So there's another thing we can check off the list!

We went to the Big Apple ( which is a huge place that has outdoor mini golf, go carts, bowling and a huge arcade) and we are thinking about doing our rehersal there! They have a sit down resturant inside and I think it would just be really fun for everyone! 





Our last stop was the Ramada Inn--where our reception is at.  We went so everyone could check it out and the best part---to taste test a bunch of food to pick out what we wanted.  The one thing that Justin wanted to pick out for the wedding was the food, imagine that! :) 
The menu will be :
-Salad
-Side Salad
-Flat Iron Steak
-Teriyaki Chicken
-Cajun Mashed Potatoes 
-Vegetable (corn, green beans? haven't decided yet)
-Rolls..with my favorite part, BAILEY'S BUTTER! so delicious!!

Hope everyone likes a least one thing from there!

Hobby Lobby had all of their wedding stuff on sale 50% off this weekend, so I stocked up on decorations.  I got our cake cutter and champange glasses too!

So, this weekend we managed to get my dress, reserve the DJ, and pick out our menu for the reception...plus we got a lot of little things knocked out too! So happy with how this weekend went! 

No comments:

Post a Comment